Symposium on Long-Term Archiving
Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg – Fernsehzentrum Berlin
March 13 2012
A day-long symposium on the benefits for long-term storage of analog media over digital storage systems.
Lectures scheduled are:
– The Ilford Micrographic film (Dr. Jean-Noel Gex, Ilford, Marly / Switzerland)
– The laser film exposure technologies of the Fraunhofer Institute for Physical Measurement Techniques, Freiburg (Andreas Hofmann, Fraunhofer IPM, Freiburg)
– The archiumFilmCreator, a software for image processing, color management and integration of metadata for digital microfilm exposure (Klaus Wendel, archium, Aalen)
– Storage of digital data on microfilm (Christoph Voges, Independent Consultant, formerly TU Braunschweig)
– An independant user experience in the use of color microfilm to digital image data (Dr Karl Magnus Drake, National Archives of Sweden, Stockholm)
– The service and technical tools to utilize microfilm and make it accessible (Anneliese Lux, Lux de Media GbR, Offenburg)
Details (in German) are online. Cost: 10€
Vietnam Film Institute
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
April 16-21 2012
Creating, Funding, Protecting a Digital AV Archive
The 16th SEAPAVAA Conference is titled Creating, Funding, Protecting a Digital AV Archive. Details online.
ARSC Annual Conference
Rochester, New York
The Association for Recorded Sound Collections’ annual meeting’s preliminary program, registration form, and further details are online. So are details of a workshop that precedes the conference, on May 16, titled Copyright and Sound Recordings. Pre-registration (required) is available online.
Screening the Future Conference 2012
Details and registration are online.